Spotlights are now being accepted for Spanish (es), German (de), Italian (it), French (fr), Polish (pl), Russian (ru), Dutch (nl), Portuguese (pt and pt-br), Japanese (ja), Chinese (all variants), Scandinavian[alpha test] (da, sv, no) and Catalan (ca) wikis.
For English spotlights, see Community Central.
How to get a spotlight
- ca: Per spotlights en català mira aquí.
- en: For English spotlights, please visit this page.
- es: Para spotlights en español mira aquí.
- fr: Pour les wikis à la une en français, voir ici.
- it: Per gli spotlight italiani, vedi qui.
- pl: Aby zgłosić polskojęzyczny spotlight, zobacz tę stronę.
- ru: Для Русскоязычных баннеров см. здесь.
For all other languages spotlights where are accepted:
1) Wiki requirements
The wiki should have:
- at least 100 good pages.
- a logo.
- a useful home page.
- most pages in a category.
- a customized New Wikia Look.
2) Create the spotlight image
Create an image to use as the spotlight that is 255px wide and 123px tall or alternatively, send us a link to an image you would like us to use for the spotlight. The image should clearly show what the wiki is about. If you decide to send us a link to create the image for your spotlight, please make sure that the image is wider than it is tall, so it fits the ratio of the spotlight better and won't be cut off unexpectedly. If you decide to create an image on your own, please do not add any text or a Wikia logo on it.
Also - if you create the image yourself, make sure there are no compression artefacts on the image itself. We will compress the image later, so you don't need to do that if you submit an image.
Upload the image on the wiki you want to spotlight.
If you have questions about international spotlights, or if you would like some help designing a spotlight, please leave a talk page message for Marc-Philipp.
3) Create a request on this wiki
- Go to Wikia Translators:International Spotlights
- Include a link to the image you uploaded
- Include some text so that people know the spotlight is for a wiki in your language. Your text should be as few as possible and be related to the topic of the wiki, see box on the right for more infos.
- Tell staff which wiki you want to spotlight, url to your wiki is required as well as the wiki name of your wiki and/or topic written in your language. (especially needed if it's a non-Latin language)